Furnace Tune-up and Repair in Conroe, TX
When you’re sweating through the warmer months here in Conroe, Texas, your heating system is probably the furthest thing from your mind. Of course, all it takes is a brief cold snap to remind you of how valuable a fully operational furnace can be. Unfortunately, those cool nights in November through February are also the times when the furnace is most likely to malfunction unexpectedly. A few simple measures can help keep you from getting left in the cold when the weather outside takes an unpleasant turn.
Heating System Services to Warm Your Heart and Home
At New Horizon A.C., Heating, Inc., we’re here to help make sure you’re ready for anything Mother Nature holds in store. We offer the full range of Heating Services, including system installations, inspections, tune-ups, emergency repairs, and duct cleaning. Our team has extensive experience in the HVAC field, and our technicians are fully trained to handle any heating or air conditioning issue that may arise. If you need repairs, maintenance, or other services, contact us to schedule an appointment.
Having a furnace tune-up performed at least once a year is highly recommended. Doing so will help ensure the system is working properly when cold weather rolls around. It’ll also reduce the likelihood of malfunctions during the winter months and lower your overall repair costs. On top of that, regular tune-ups help maintain the efficiency of your furnace and keep heating costs from rising.
What Happens During a Heating System Tune-up?
In a nutshell, a heating system tune-up covers all the factors and components associated with the furnace. It’s a thorough assessment of the entire system combined with various routine maintenance procedures. Your annual tune-up may vary depending on your specific system and unique needs, but certain aspects are universal.
- System Inspection. During a tune-up, technicians will inspect the entire heating system, including the indoor and outdoor units. This aids in catching any worn parts, damaged components, and other issues that could cause problems down the road.
- Thorough Cleaning. Annual tune-ups also include an in-depth cleaning of the indoor and outdoor units and their parts. Coils, fan blades, blower motors, and condensate drains are among the key components that need to be cleaned, but there are also many others. Cleaning them removes buildup and reduces wear and tear among other benefits.
- Lubricating Moving Parts. Heating systems consist of numerous moving parts. As is the case with your car’s engine, all those internal components need to stay lubricated to work properly and reduce damaging friction. This is an essential step in routine furnace maintenance.
- Check Gas and Electrical Connections. No matter what type of heating system you have, it’s important to check all the gas and electrical connections to be sure they’re in good shape and working properly. Any problems with those connections could lead to safety issues and malfunctions.
- System-Wide Testing. In addition to checking electrical connections, it’s essential to test other major aspects of the system, such as its exhaust, airflow, igniter, and fuel pressure. This portion of the tune-up goes a long way to guarantee the system is safe to use and will work well when the time comes to use it.
- Thermostat Calibration. The thermostat is an integral component of a heating system. It allows you to set the temperature you’d like to maintain inside your home while letting the furnace know when to come on or shut off. Certain factors can cause the thermostat to lose its calibration over time. When this happens, you won’t be able to regulate the temperature as well. Calibrating it during a heating system tune-up will help prevent many issues, like the system running too much or not heating the home properly.
- Changing Filters. Heating and air conditioning filters should be changed at least once every six months. If you have pets or someone in your household suffers from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory issues, it’s best to change them more frequently. You can do this on your own, but HVAC technicians can do it for you during an inspection and tune-up if you’d like.
All those measures aid in keeping your heating system operating as efficiently and effectively as possible. They also give technicians the opportunity to catch problems early and provide furnace repair services if necessary. From a long-term perspective, regular tune-ups help extend the life of the heating system and reduce the need for untimely replacements.
Get Your Furnace Ready for Winter with a Seasonal Tune-up
Being sure to have annual heating system tune-ups performed is an important element of homeownership. It can also help you save a great deal of money in the long run. Call us or contact us using the form on our website to schedule a seasonal furnace inspection and tune-up, so you’ll have the extra peace of mind of knowing your heating system will be operating at its best when you need it.